Friday, August 1, 2008

The Journey















The days of glory gone past
Or are they truly yet to arrive
Running past the unknown crowd
Few faces familiar to the falling lids
Clasping the arms of a stranger
I brushed past another lot

The shadows close by
Trying to hide their existence
Reality of birth intermingled with fear
I shed light on my path
Ample sheath of pain and tears
Drowning away the agony of the future

I chose to stay ahead of the lover and the priest
The unknown territory my carved out niche
Rum mingled with fear, I drink it all
Brush past the daily trials with faith and nudging dread
The love of journey and craze of the destination
Keeps my adrenalin at an all time high

7 comments:

Che said...

"Rum mingled with fear, I drink it all"
My fav line by far. yum. :D

Good to see you write again.
Although this was heavier than i expected!
Just because i started going to gym doesnt mean you can unleash such heavy stuff on me ;)

Ranjeet Kr. Vimal said...

u hv a creative mind... u sud write regularly .. well read mine.. :P

http://bugsnerror.blogspot.com/

satan' queen said...

@Che- Librans of the world unite! That's the only line I liked too! And by the way...rum idea I got from your comment...thums up and rum...remember!

Anything I write with a blank mind is heavy...that's the worst past of having void instead of solid matter in brain! ;) Thanks for the comment! :)

@ Ranjeet- Your name does invoke lot of memories of old time bollywood flicks..the ones I loved! Thanks a ton for the generous comments...would be checking out your blog for sure...

Che said...

@SQ:

Ah well you arent the only one.
I thik its due to the fact we are libras.
We are bipolar.
My blog is humor and my poetry is definitely not!

Hey tell me more about your new job and stuff!

peter said...

wow !
thts an interesting read !!
gud wrk

Anonymous said...

good one.

Casey Kochmer said...

:) just passing by and saying hi!